[H-GEN] Job opportunity (fwd)
raymonds at uq.net.au
Thu Jul 13 20:53:32 EDT 2000
[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and ]
[ Unix-related topics. Please observe the list's charter. ]
This sounds like a sweet job.
Secretary of HUMBUG 1999/2000
raymond at humbug.org.au All that we see, or seem,
Is but a dream, within a dream.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:21:00 +1000
From: Thea Adams <thea.adams at leaders.com.au>
To: "'webmaster at humbug.org.au'" <webmaster at humbug.org.au>
Cc: "'secretary at humbug.org.au'" <secretary at humbug.org.au>
Subject: Job opportunity
I was wondering if you could post a job requirement on your web site or make
any other suggestions on how I can find someone suitable for a position I
have available at the moment.
I am specifically seeking a consultant with extensive linux and Internet
experience to assist in the final development of an Internet appliance. The
position will initially be for 4 - 6 weeks, but their might be an option for
a further extension.
The Linux based product is an Internet gateway appliance boasting an
extensive feature set including most Internet services.
The successful applicant would have extensive knowledge of most aspects of
Linux, including (but not limited to) the following:
1) kernels and modules
2) package management and development - ie modifying .rpm packages with
custom configuration details.
3) internet services configuration - general ability to configure popular
4) shell scripting/perl programming - scripting automatic installs,
extracting logs, automating procedures.
5) hardware configuration - modular linux configuration to suit multiple
Internet experience is also a crucial part of the product development. Broad
knowledge of most protocols and hands-on experience of the following
protocols are necessary:
1) TCP/IP - routing, services and troubleshooting.
2) DNS - configuration and understanding.
3) WAN/LAN - routing, ip addressing etc.
4) VPN - understanding and configuration.
5) MAIL, WWW, FTP etc.
I appreciate your assistance. If you know of anyone that might be
interested I can be contacted at Leaders on 3236 2251.
Client Service Representative
Leaders IT & T Resource Specialists
Level 1, Comalco Place Annexe
12 Creek Street
GPO Box 2964
BRISBANE QLD 4001
Ph 3236 2251
Fax 3236 4881
mailto:thea at eleaders.com.au
visit us NOW at www.eleaders.com.au
* This is list (humbug) general handled by majordomo at lists.humbug.org.au .
* Postings to this list are only accepted from subscribed addresses of
* lists 'general' or 'general-post'.
More information about the General