[H-GEN] IAMEMS: AUDA: ICANN At Large elections (fwd)

Raymond Smith raymonds at uq.net.au
Thu Jul 13 20:50:33 EDT 2000

ICANN is the authority to which the US government handing control of the
DNS and other allocation systems. They will soon be having an election of
their board of directors from their 'at large' membership -- ie, you and
me.

Why should you care? The Internet, Free Software, UNIX, and lately Linux
have shared a symbiotic relationship. We all, therefore, have an
interested in maintaining the Internet as a useful tool for our
hobby/work/cause.

Below are details of how to join the at large membership and
vote. Unfortunately the site seems to be down at the moment, but please
take the time to try to register and have your vote.

Cheers,

Raymond
NOT speaking as an exec member.

---