[H-GEN] dotless ip notation

Daniel Quinlan daniel at netwise.net.au
Wed Jan 19 21:40:57 EST 2000

hi,
   I just got asked by my boss why Squid won't resolve 'dotless notation ip
   addresses'

   apparenty Micro$oft will.  I've never seen this before and can't grasp
   why you'd want to use a single decimal number to represent an ip address.

   anyone heard of this?

regards,
Daniel Quinlan				daniel at netwise.net.au
Netwise Australia			ph: 0417 677 377
"Engineering Network Solutions"		fax: 07 3216 0226