[H-GEN] Redhat 6, Installing Network Card, Insmod Fails

Michael Anthon mca at tams.com.au
Mon Jan 17 18:43:29 EST 2000

The ne2k-pci module (actually, I think it's MOST network card modules) also
requires the 8390 module to work.  There is two solutions to this that I am
aware of...
1. insmod the 8390 module before trying to insmod the ne2k module
2. use 'modprobe ne2k-pci' instead, this will automatically load any modules
that the target module depends on, assuming your module dependencies are
built correctly.  I believe that redhat does this at each boot so it should
be right, if in doubt, do a 'depmod -a' to rebuild it.

Cheers
Michael Anthon