[H-GEN] remote X

Rob Kearey r.kearey at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Mon Jan 3 23:10:24 EST 2000

Raymond Smith wrote:

[regarding remote X sessions]

> While I agree with Jason that xhost is insecure compared to ssh, ssh is
> overkill over a personal private network. (As I assmue yours
> is.) Certainly you should use ssh/if you are working over a public
> network, and are worried about security.

Best to get into the _habit_ of using ssh, though. Cleartext, as a rule
of thumb, is Bad.

I don't trust my cats not to hack my private network. Cryptography'll
fool 'em.

By the by - does anybody want the services of a short, hairy, mammalian,
jack-of-all-trades network technician? Will scrub ARP tables for food.

--
Robert Kearey		Remote Access Group
ITS			University of Queensland