[H-GEN] Databases

James Lever jamver at adams.humbug.org.au
Wed Dec 6 02:55:48 EST 2000

> One thing I am personally interested in would be a comparison between
> Postgresql and Oracle, seeing as where I work tends to be an oracle
> shop.  I'm curious to know how postgres compares.

I believe I read somewhere in the past few months, that of the top 4
databases in the world, two were MSQL (not mysql) and Postgres,
the other two being Ingres (I think, could have been, but I doubt it,
Informix) and Oracle.

I believe Postgres is probably the best free option available.  If you
need a REAL MAN'S DATABASE(tm), use Oracle, and for heavens sake, pay
for the training courses and do them, it's a very big beast!

cheers,
James

--
As 'Bruce of Arisia' says I should do; Who I am, what I do, my
various codes:

	http://www.visac.uq.edu.au/people/jamver/index.html#sigs