[H-GEN] ssh compression / port forwarding over modem

Stephen Thorne sjthorne at ozemail.com.au
Tue Dec 5 01:54:21 EST 2000

> My question is: roughly how much extra compression will this give above the
> compression that the modem hardware and ppp can provide? Anyone tried?

under windows 2000 modem connections tell you how much the compression on
the modem is doing...

3% is the highest I've ever seen, usually its hanging on 0%.

as for ssh, I've seen from -20% to 150% compression. It makes telnetesque
connections a wonderous thing. (thats on -z9, high compression)

Steve.