[H-GEN] Redhat 6.2 & Win98SE

David Duffy avd at audiovisualdevices.com.au
Thu Aug 17 18:51:00 EDT 2000

Hi All,
I have a PC with Win98SE on it currently and would like to
install Redhat 6.2 from the APC mag CD. The HDD is a 10G
with about 7G as the primary partition & 3G as the extended.
Can I install RH6.2 on the 3G partition?  I did try to but could
not get past the partition screen during the install process.
I deleted the dos partition & tried to make new Linux ones but
could not figure it all out! I guess it just hasn't all sunk in yet
about LILO & where it has to go. :-(  Is the problem that the
3G partition is above the allowed addressing point? As you
may have guessed, I'm not up to speed on Linux yet!!
Any help would be appreciated...
David Duffy        Audio Visual Devices P/L
U8, 9-11 Trade St, Cleveland 4163 Australia
Ph: +61 7 38210362   Fax: +61 7 38210281
New Web: www.audiovisualdevices.com.au