[H-GEN] LPI Certification

Martin Pool mbp at linuxcare.com.au
Thu Aug 17 20:38:58 EDT 2000

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 06:32:16AM +1000, Simon Robertson wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.          ]
>
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone done Linux Professional Institute Certification. If so, what
> level have you got to and have you found it to be of any career
> benifit?

I haven't done the course, but I have read some of the workbooks, and
they seemed quite solid and worthwhile.  If it's done right, it can be
a very good thing: at least we don't have any obvious scams like some
of the MCSE providers.

> I am wondering whether the cost of the test will be as benificial as tests
> like MCSE.

If you can get an employer to pay for it that's great.
Otherwise... just decide whether the benefits (increased
employability?, deeper knowledge?) justify the cost.

--
Martin Pool, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990