[H-GEN] Dual Booting WinNT/RH6.2 with a dash of SCSI

Raymond Smith raymonds at uq.net.au
Thu Aug 17 06:01:35 EDT 2000

My current problem is that LILO appears to be broken.

Scenarios

1/ W2K all by itself -- all is well
2/ RH 6.2 all by itself -- all is well
3/ RH 6.2 installed. Try to install W2K barfs because it wants the
   first sector of the disk or it is taking its ball and going home.

   => Prob 1: I can't coerce W2K to install after a RH install on the
      disk.

4/ W2K installed and working. Install Linux either
	(a) LILO in MBR. Boot doesn't get past LI
	(b) LILO in another partition. When I try to get the bootsector
            from this by 'dd if=/dev/sda2 of=blah bs=512 count=1'
            This boot sector is empty (all 0x0s).

So basically LILO seems unable to cope with being far from the start of
the SCSI disk? Does this sound right, or am I just going mad?

I will try grub tomorrow and see if it can boot 2K and RH...

Thanks again,

Raymond

---
raymond at humbug.org.au                     All that we see, or seem,