[H-GEN] Compiling errors - 2.2.14

Paul Gearon gearon at computer.org
Tue Apr 18 09:56:33 EDT 2000

Daniel Quinlan wrote:
> bin86 under debian is a separate package to binutils and there's no dependcies
> I don't think. (so you can do cross compiling I guess)
>
> is there a bin86 package for RedHat?

Yup.  It's in a standard RPM called dev86.

It's seperate from binutils as it's for real mode binaries.  It's used
by the kernel to build lilo and the kernel's bootstrap code (since these
run in real mode before jumping into hyperspace^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
protected mode).

Regards,
Paul

Paul Gearon
gearon at computer.org

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money,
or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")