[H-GEN] no /opt?

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Thu Apr 6 22:44:11 EDT 2000

On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 12:27:01PM +1000, Raymond Smith wrote:
> Does Debian usually have a '/opt'?[1] In the Linux world, where would I
> normally install an unpackaged binary distribution of an application?

Either mkdir /opt, or stick it in /usr/local, whichever feels more
appropriate. Debian won't touch anything under either of those
directories, more or less, which is probably what you want.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds