[H-GEN] hardware hassles

Sarah Hollings sez at powerup.com.au
Thu Apr 6 17:50:37 EDT 2000

Fixed now - turned out to be some stupid cryptic option buried in the
CMOS.

This is a CMOS that has an option 'Startup processor speed' and it can
be set to Low.  A very very very stupid option.  (I think historically
linked to that 'turbo' concept of being able to cripple your machine to
run badly designed game software where the speed of the critters was
dependednt on hand-tweaked loops written in assembler).  It's like
having several CMOS switches "Screw up my computer", "Stuff it up real
good: 'go!'", "All the stuff that I need to make the machine work:
'disable'"

--
We are no other than a moving row
of Magic-Shadow shapes, that come, and go