[H-GEN] Using groups under linux

Patrick Nichols pat at humbug.org.au
Thu Apr 6 00:25:56 EDT 2000

I use debian linux, and I want to make a group of users with access to use
the audio devices.  I assume this would be a better idea than chmod'ing
the devices in /dev.

I have never done this before, and I was wondering how I go about doing
it, and if there was a howto, or similar on this?  Anybody keen to give me
a crash course on groups.  I seem to remember bje talking at length on
this subject some time ago, but I can't seem to find the message.

-pat