[H-GEN] Intellimouses

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Wed Apr 5 05:52:46 EDT 2000

On Wed, 05 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.          ]
>
> Hello World,
>                     Ive just installed RedHat 6.1 and most things seem
> to be going quite smoothly. One thing that is bugging me is that my
> scroll bar on my intellimous isnt working, and, to be quite honest Im a
> big fan of the thing. Ive set my mouseconfig to a PS2 Micorsoft
> Intellimouse but when i scroll down it acts like a right hand click.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

The scroll bar actually requires a special driver. In Win 95 it is not there by
default and needs to be loaded as a separate mouse driver.

In Win 98 it is there in the default installation.

I have not heard of the scroll bar function working in Linux and I would be a
bit surprised if you actually find the driver but maybe somebody knows a bit
more about this than I do.

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au