List Netiquette (was Re: [H-GEN] Aid and Assistance Sought)

Raymond Smith raymonds at uq.net.au
Mon Apr 3 01:49:37 EDT 2000

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Frank Brand wrote:
> Sorry if this is getting off topic for General...I will not further
> respond but there is stuff in here that is just plain WRONG.

Your comments to this list are not off-topic in my view. A discussion of
which versions of X are required for this or that video card is well
within the domain of general.

The thread is borderline, but so long as it is about X support it belongs
on general. As soon as it devolves into a Holy War over which video
card is The Spawn of the Great Satan it belongs to chat.

Raymond
Secretary of HUMBUG 1999/2000
---
raymond at humbug.org.au                     All that we see, or seem,