[H-GEN] copies of win98 needed

Bruce Campbell bc at thehub.com.au
Mon Sep 13 03:07:40 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 staeci at yahoo.com wrote:

> Needed to buy: copies of windows98 - need licenses, cd's optional.
> Will pay cash.  Please reply to tap at tpg.com.au, not this list, with
> what you have and what you want for it.

If you don't mind, could you please point out at where 'Windows 98' is
on-topic for the 'Humbug General List' ?

The last time I checked the message which is sent to all those who
subscribed to the list, the phrase 'semi-serious discussions about Humbug
and Unix-related topics' sumed it up.  Curiously enough, this very same
text appears at the top of every posting made to the humbug General list
as a gentle reminder.

Now, this could indeed be on-topic, such as 'I need a copy of Windows 98
in order to test the latest copy of WINE', however without any explanatory
text, you look like a windows weenie who has somehow wandered[1] onto the
wrong mailing list.  Your other recent posts to this list reinforces this
impression.

--==--
Bruce.

VP/BOFH, Humbug.

[1] The door is right at the bottom of each mail incidentally.