[H-GEN] twisted net cable

Robert Brockway robert at ralnet.net
Fri Oct 22 04:32:22 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

Joel MICHAEL <j.michael at uq.net.au> wrote:
:> Oh and is twisted the right term for it?

: personally, i've never used this term for it - normally i use "crossover"
: as the transmit and receive wires are "crossed over"

I agree with Joel here.  The only term I've heard it called is
'cross-over'.  The cable itself is Universal Twisted Pair.  This is often
shortened to just Twisted Pair which may be where the
confusion arises.  The other common abreviation is UTP btw.
Cheers,
	-Robert

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email: robert at blake.humbug.org.au, robert at ralnet.net
                                robert.brockway at uq.net.au
			 WWW:   http://www.ralnet.net/~robert
.sig now invisible for your convenience.