[H-GEN] P100 for sale

Daehenoc g.vickers at student.qut.edu.au
Sun Oct 17 22:31:36 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

> >Socket 7 mobo (non mmx)
>
> *cough* you mean, Socket 5? ;)
>
> Socket 7 is the MMX socket type; socket 5 is the pre-MMX Pentium socket
> type.  Socket 5 CPUs can fit into Socket 7 ports, but not vice versa; socket
> 7 has an extra row of pins around the edge, or some such, to accommodate
> various features.

Okay okay - it's a socket 7 with dual voltage support, so yes, it will
support MMX, I lost the plot a bit because I meant to say that the board
doesn't support a 233 MHz processor. Only up to 200. Sorry. I now return
you to your usual program.

> Also, socket 7 brought the introduction of dual voltages for the CPU, which
> is all but hidden now, but could cause you grief with early socket 7
> motherboards and CPUs.
>
> Just fyi.

Ta. [1]

1. I grovel humbly corrected.

p.s. fyi it's a Gigabyte GA-586ATS

Greg Vickers
ICQ # 51933450

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win." - Ghandi.