[H-GEN] Adaptec 294x

Daehenoc g.vickers at student.qut.edu.au
Wed Oct 6 19:36:25 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

Hello all, I just scored a Aopen ax5t mobo and dropped it into (my) [0]
system. Runs Debian 2.2 - Now the scsi module won't boot properly. It just
hangs the machine after it gets to the part about downloading
instructions. I booted with the 2.0 cdrom and it boots fine after
downloading instructions. 2.1 cd hangs also. I've yet to try moving the
scsi controller into a different PCI slot and changing it's IRQ in BIOS,
but it was working fine [1] before I changed the mobo. Any ideas why the
scsi module would hang like that after a mobo change and how do I get
around it? I bet that there are some options that I could pass the rescue
disk that would do it, I just don't know what they are...

[0] The only things that I own in the machine are the mouse, the UW drives
and the monitor stand. The rest is on loan. 1 house, 4 techs.
[1] As stable as an ancient Gigabyte socket 7 would run.

Greg Vickers

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win." - Ghandi.