[H-GEN] Unable to telnet

Harry Phillips hfphillips at iname.com
Sun Nov 7 08:44:45 EST 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

I know it is something simple that I'm missing but I can't seem to telnet to my
own machine no matter what I do.

'telnet 127.0.0.1' gets 'Connection closed by foreign host' no matter what I
put in hosts.allow and hosts.deny.

Another question is that when I try to telnet without my ISP connection it
takes about 5 mins to give me the message, when connected it takes about 10 secs

Regards
Harry.

PS. I worked out how to get my ESS Solo working all by myself and I'm as proud
as punch. Ain't linux fun!!

 --
"My train of thought is a runaway"
   -Calvin and Hobbes