[H-GEN] question

Mike Andrew mikero at norfolk.nf
Sat Nov 6 04:13:29 EST 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

On Sat, 06 Nov 1999, George Bouratsias wrote:
> > the latest XFREE drivers now fully support tnt2. You will have to
> > ftp the rpm package and install it. No distribution I know of currently has
> > full tnt support (the drivers are too new!). This problem has been doing the
> > rounds of quite a few newsgroups and is *definitely* fixed with new drivers.
>
> One slight problem I'm running the debian distribution. So are the drivers
> available as .deb?

Of course. The Xfree server is just that, it's X11 dependant. X11 runs on
debian, ergo all of it's drivers do. (it would only be a question of debian
having a different directory structure from (say) redhat that determnines where
the X11 file tree is located. Even then, the environment variables normally
take tare of that issue.