[H-GEN] Alston's censorship bill has passed

Martin Pool martinp at mincom.com
Wed May 26 20:51:28 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Martin Pool <martinp at mincom.com>)

David Jericho wrote:

> Case example. Dominos in NY, USA. They _told_ their drivers to drive
> in excess of the speed limits and run red lights. As it turned out,
> they paid more in covering accidents on company cars and drivers
> hospitalization than they would have lost through slower business. [0]

And other pizza companies had to drop the "twenty minutes or free"
promotion _even though_ they stressed to their drivers that it was
better to be late than drive dangerously.  The idea that their driver
might speed was too negative.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Deliverator.

 /\\\  Mincom | Martin Pool          | martinp at mincom.com
// \\\        | Software Engineer    | Phone: +61 7 3303-3333
\\ ///        | Mincom Ltd.          |
 \///         | Teneriffe, Brisbane  | Speaking for myself only