[H-GEN] Alston's censorship bill has passed

Rob Kearey r.kearey at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Wed May 26 19:39:55 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Rob Kearey <r.kearey at mailbox.uq.edu.au>)

Luke Grant wrote:

[Internet Censorship legislation]

> All this does is removes peoples freedom to think......
> and it will potentialy double my work load.....aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!

Or remove your workload entirely. A lot of ISP's are either going to go
under or simply give up. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the
University authorities decided that providing any dialup or web access
wasn't worth the bother.

Hello, dole queue my old friend,
I've come to visit you again ...

--
Robert Kearey           Network Services
ITS                     University of Queensland