[H-GEN] Weird HTTP stuff.....HELP

Luke Grant skywalke at webexpress.net.au
Sun May 16 21:25:25 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Luke Grant" <skywalke at webexpress.net.au>)

hi guys,

I have a slight problem here. My transparent proxy server which has been
working fine for over two weeks is doing something rather strange today.

Whenever i open a web page with lynx from a machine on the local network
routed through it everything works fine........

but try to open a web page with netscape or explorer over a dial up
connection and all requests time out.

the setup is as follows.

squid -a 3128 -V -Y

/sbin/ipfwadm -F -a accept -S 0.0.0.0/0 -D 0.0.0.0/0
/sbin/ipfwadm -I -a accept -P tcp -D 0.0.0.0/0 80 -r 3128

(the local ip class c's are of course in place in stead of 0.0.0.0)

can anyone think of any reason why something would work in lynx but not a
windows browser?

Luke
Luke Grant
zzlgrant at uq.net.au , skywalke at webexpress.net.au

"You are the Eggman, They are the Eggmen, I am the Walrus"
"Goo goo goo-joob"