[H-GEN] Samba 2.0.5

Hilton Travis QuarkComputers at email.com
Sun May 9 16:58:38 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Hilton Travis" <QuarkComputers at email.com>)

> > Does anyone have an expected release date for this package?  It is said
> > have code to enable Samba/Linux/(Unix) to run as an NT BDC.  This sounds
> > quite useful to me!

> http://samba.anu.edu.au/ is the Samba home page.  More information may be
> available there, from the horses mouth as it were.

Nothing there, I thought maybe someone has more info (like in a mail they
received from Samba.org).  Maybe not, eh?

> What the heck is a 'BDC'(Samba acting as a PDC is a neat thing though) ?

PDC - Primary Domain Controller
BDC - Backup Domain Controller - this contains a backup of the user database
and other associated guff the PDC keeps, and can authenticate users if the
PDC fails, not that'd ever happen with a Microsoft OS <BG>

-Hilton