[H-GEN] New Member

Allen Grace a.grace at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 18 08:29:33 EST 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Allen Grace <a.grace at mailbox.uq.edu.au>)

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, John Firkins wrote:
>(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs John Firkins <johnf at powerup.com.au>)
>
>With a problem of course!
>
>I've just changed isp's to powerup, and cant get my linux box to connect.
>Everything appears normal, pap authenticates ok but ppp doesnt start

Are you using the defaultroute option to pppd? Omission of this one caused me a
minor amount of grief a short while back, after having switched to powerup.

There's a chap on their support desk called Anthony who knows a couple of things
about Linux... but he wasn't very interested when I told him that the above
was absolutely necessary and he might like to remember that for when someone
else asks.

allen
--
PD: pardon of my horror syntax english. you must be patient with me.