[H-GEN] Experiences with 3c575 (pcmcia version)

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Fri Mar 26 01:32:41 EST 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Frank Brand <fbrand at uq.net.au>)

James McPherson wrote:

> (Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs James McPherson <jmcphers at laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>)
>
> Hi everybody.
>
> One of our users (a visiting academic from the US) down here has a Dell
> Inspiron 7000 (PII) with caldera's dist installed and a 3com 3c575 ethernet
> card in pcmcia socket 0. Under kernel 2.0.35 (original installed version) the
> card detects that it's on a 100Mbit link, and under 2.1.132 it is not active
> at all as far as I can tell.

The following URL is the 3Com 575 driver page (Donald Becker's stuff)

http://cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/pcmcia/tc575_cb.4

This is where the driver code is (I think)

http://cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/pcmcia/3c59x_cb.c

Here is another little something to look at

http://cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/pcmcia/

Off the Linux Ethernet hardware support page - if all else fails RTFM ;^>.

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au
Home Page: http://www.uq.net.au/~zzfbrand