[H-GEN] Quick sendmail question

Everist, Geoff everistg at switch.aust.com
Sun Jun 20 21:44:11 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Everist, Geoff" <everistg at switch.aust.com>)

Me too...and it's driving me insane. I sent them an email complaining
about the problem and received a response asking why people use sendmail
to send such large files (!!!), suggesting that the problem was most
likely to be at my end, and requesting further details (logs, tcpdumps
etc). Well, at least I got a response. I sent back the mail log for that
day (don't run tcpdump routinely, never needed to) showing that we were
sending heaps of email and the only hosts we were having problems with
were at Citec. I haven't heard from them since. Since then I have not
had a problem, however I don't think we have sent them any large emails
either.

If anyone has problems getting mail through to Citec hosts (esp
Education Dept and Queensland Rail), please send your complaint and any
logs (TCP dumps if possible) to mailto:Tim.Gollschewsky at citec.com.au

I sure they will appreciate any feedback they can get on the problem,

Cheers
Geoff Everist