[H-GEN] Quick sendmail question

Bruce Campbell bc at thehub.com.au
Fri Jun 18 05:31:06 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Bruce Campbell <bc at thehub.com.au>)

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Michael Anthon wrote:

> I am having a little trouble sending mail to a certain set of our customers
> (all Qld Govt people who have the misfortune to get their mail via CITEC).
> I consistently get this sort of thing in the log....
>
> Jun 11 11:22:32 belial sendmail[15837]: NAA09472:
> to=<Robert.Kromdyk at qed.qld.gov.au>, delay=21:58:26, xdelay=00:05:01,
> mailer=esmtp, relay=inet03.citec.qld.gov.au. [203.5.10.10], stat=I/O error:
> Error 0

That seems to be the remote end dropping the connection, usually because
they were unable to continue writing the spool file.  Reasons vary, most
are merely symptons of an overloaded mailserver or blatent
misconfiguration on their end.  I believe I was getting this problem with
citec regularly at one stage.

--==--
Bruce.