[H-GEN] DNS setup problem

David Male dmale at one.net.au
Sun Jun 27 06:50:30 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs David Male <dmale at one.net.au>)

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Harry Phillips wrote:
> (Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Harry Phillips" <hfphillips at iname.com>)
>
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Unix/Linux. I have read everything I can get my hands on about
> DNS.
>
> I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have two PC's
> networked at home 1 running Mandrake 6.0 the other Win95. The 95 PC doesn't
> need to connect through my Linux PC to the Internet.
>
> I have in my resolv.conf file
> domain one.net.au
> search one.net.au
> nameserver 203.17.244.11
> nameserver 203.17.244.12
As I use the same ISP I believe I may be able to help, firstly email me
directly with details of what you are trying to connect with eg. KPPP
or X-ISP, as a starter get rid of domain.one.net.au and search
one.net.au as they have different names for their machines eg
pink.one.net.au and grey.one.net.au.
David