[H-GEN] Problems with Kppp

Chris s369398 at student.uq.edu.au
Sun Jun 27 05:36:07 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Chris <s369398 at student.uq.edu.au>)

G'day

I'm having problems getting Kppp-1.6.11 (KDE's pppd interface) working with
the UQ-(student)-dialin service.  Robert Brockway's UQ-dialin script works
very well for me, but no matter what I try, I can't seem to get Kppp to
work with the pppdaemon-2.3.7.  The actual login is fine: the problem
occurs when the pppdaemon is called upon.  After about 30 seconds, Kppp
presents me with a message box saying 'pppd has unexpectedly died'.  I have
asked both the writer of Kppp and Robert Brockway, but they had no idea
what could be going wrong either (Robert had an excuse in that he had never
used Kppp before).  If any of you have successfully used Kppp in the past
with UQ, what am I missing here?

If this information is not enough, I can supply Kppp debug reports, and the
pppd options that Robert has used in his script (which I have put into
Kppp's extra pppd options section).

Thanks in advance
Chris