[H-GEN] Sound

Steven Lawrance steven at sia.net.au
Wed Jun 23 03:39:58 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Steven Lawrance <steven at sia.net.au>)

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 11:37:50AM +1100, Steve Elliott wrote:
> 	While I've got the list, are there any probs with rockwell based modems
> under linux - thanks heaps !!! My linux box is coming closer and closer
> to fruition.

That depends.  There's a lot of cheap PCI 56k modems going around now
with Rockwell HCF chipsets.  They're like winmodems.  No good.  OTOH,
my 33k6 DynaLink I've been using for a few years has a Rockwell chipset,
and it's great.  So, stay away from the really cheap ones..

Hope that helps.

--
Steven Lawrance   <steven at sia.net.au>   KeyID 2048/0x9F030653
Fingerprint: EA 52 BF 9F 3A 75 73 9F  A2 50 1E 50 2F CB 93 64