[H-GEN] Sound

Steve Elliott steve at virtuozo.com.au
Tue Jun 22 20:37:50 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Steve Elliott <steve at virtuozo.com.au>)

Frank Brand wrote:

> Any ideas on this ?
>
> I have a Soundblaster PCI 64 (Ensoniq 1370 chip) running under RH 6.
>
> When I run sndconfig it detects the card but when it tries to play sound it
> won't play.
>
> The error message is that /dev/dsp does not exist but /dev/dsp and /dev/dsp1
> both exist.

Hi there frank,
	I had a bad experience with that card under nt service pack 3 and 5 -
in the end i got another sound blaster card ( diff model )to work. Once
again, that was in microslop - dunno if it helps - can ya get another
model ?

	While I've got the list, are there any probs with rockwell based modems
under linux - thanks heaps !!! My linux box is coming closer and closer
to fruition.
--
Regards,
Steve Elliott.