[H-GEN] WYSE Terminals

Bruce Campbell bc at thehub.com.au
Tue Jun 15 22:23:35 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Bruce Campbell <bc at thehub.com.au>)

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Luke Grant wrote:

> since the list is soooo quiet i will ask about WYSE terminals again..
>
> any1 know where i can find out how to set them up to run off a Red Hat
> machine?

Wyse ... what?  In general the only hard thing is getting a compatible
serial cable to be able to talk to them; I have two dumb terms at home
which unfortunately use differing cables.

Ensure that when you set up the getty on the serial port, that its talking
at the right speed (9600 normally) which is usually set on the getty
command line (see inittab and copy the examples)

--==--
Bruce.