[H-GEN] Tecra 730XCDT and debian

Ben Carlyle benc at foxboro.com.au
Thu Jun 10 03:10:35 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Ben Carlyle <benc at foxboro.com.au>)

Greg Vickers wrote:

> Hey all, i'm trying to install debian on a Tecra 730XCDT laptop, but the
> machine reboots even when i use resc1440tecra-safe.bin (also tested
> resc1440tecra.bin and resc1440.bin)

Hell.
I've never had a default kernel of any kind boot my lillian
since slackware 3.0. She's a Toshiba T4900, a pretty standard
model, but I've never managed to get anything from debian that
would get her juices flowing.

Personally I roll my own kernel.  I don't do anything special,
I just don't include the little additions that are included in
the defaults.  I've never had any problems with my own kernels
on that machine.

I understand that the Tecras have/had a few peculiarites in the
non-standard direction, so your mileage may vary.

Benamin "I've been 'invited' to work back tonight to get a build
         going for shipment tomorrow... and about 10 mins ago I
         was given a list of last minute changes.  The build takes
         five or six hours on our enterprise 450.
         I love my job." Carlyle.