[H-GEN] hey

Rob Kearey r.kearey at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Wed Jun 9 22:46:47 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Rob Kearey <r.kearey at mailbox.uq.edu.au>)

David Jericho wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 11:59:40AM +1000, Stephen Brine wrote:

> > Without causing a complete argument, which should I aim for? My end goal is
> > to replace my NT server (running as a proxy, print, file, PDC) and NT
> > workstation and 2 win95 boxes with linux and if I can get my voodoo 3 to
> > work then my win98 machine

> Whatever you feel comfortable with. You'll get people pushing their own
> brand of Linux onto you, but having used 8 distributions of linux I really
> don't care which one ('cept Slackware :)

David is quite correct; whatever you least dislike will do. I personally
use RH 6.0 because I've grown accustomed to it, and I like RPM and
AutoRPM in the same way that others like apt et al.

If your a Linux/un*x newbie, I'd reccomend looking at this site before
you put anything on-air :

https://www.seifried.org/lasg/

--
Robert Kearey           Network Services
ITS                     University of Queensland