[H-GEN] sun Console

Craig Armour c.armour at kings.uq.edu.au
Mon Jun 7 00:44:17 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Craig Armour <c.armour at kings.uq.edu.au>)

> That looks like SunOS 4.x.

bingo 4.1.1  How you can tell that from the disk detection is beyound
me... :)

> Suns will boot using the serial settings in the NVRAM and switch to the
> settings for the console (stored in a file in /etc) part way through the
> boot.
>
> I must have been using Solaris for too long, I can't remember what file
> contains those settings for SunOS 4.x.

and I didn't try looking for it.  but what was hapening is it was
ruuning at 8-n-1 at boot then switching to 7-E-1 for console.. :?  first
step... remove sunos 4 ;)  the only problem then is the inital stuff is
blurbed then clear... which I guess is more important... If I could be
bothered... I'd change the setting mid boot sequence but I can't be
so...

Anyways

Cheers
Craig
Craig Armour                    c.armour at cltr.uq.edu.au
System Administrator             Joyce Ackroyd Building
Language Lab, University of Queensland   phone 33656916
Comments are my own and not of my employer