[H-GEN] extracting files

David Makepeace D.Makepeace at uq.net.au
Tue Jun 1 21:24:32 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs David Makepeace <D.Makepeace at uq.net.au>)

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Paul Gearon wrote:

> (Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Paul Gearon <pag at tams.com.au>)
>
> I've just realised that I deleted a file from my system that I really need.
> Fortunately I had emailed it to someone using netscape.  Unfortunately I'm
> not on that computer, so I con't run netscape to find it.
>
> Anyway, I got the "Sent" file that netscape uses, and I've found the file I
> need in the middle of a mail message.  The mime header looks like this:

<SNIP>

> Does anyone know what I can use to extract this file?

You can use any mail reader that supports MIME (e.g. Netscape or pine).
Just copy the Sent file into the same directory as the other mail folders
(but with a different name) and you will be able to select the new folder,
select that message and save the attachment.

If you prefer, you can edit the Sent file with a text editor and remove
all the other mail messages first.

Cheers,
David.

David Makepeace   Ph:  +61 7 3378 4299   http://www.keays.com.au/