[H-GEN] Auto mounting SMB shares

Craig Armour c.armour at lingua.arts.uq.edu.au
Tue Jun 1 00:24:01 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Craig Armour <c.armour at lingua.arts.uq.edu.au>)

> there is documentation on this in the samba docs *somewhere* as I
> remember reading it. the short gist is that you create an alias for
> mount -t smbfs for smbmount and there were a few other tricks but I
> can't remember.

I lied, it was in the smbfs docs.  Here are the automount lines you need

laplandc type:=program;mount:="/sbin/smbmount smbmount //lapland/c ${fs}
-P XXXX -u 148";unmount:="/sbin/umount umount $
{fs}"

laplandd type:=program;mount:="/sbin/smbmount smbmount //lapland/d ${fs}
-P XXXX -u 148";unmount:="/sbin/umount umount $
{fs}"

so you may have to edit /etc/rc.d/init.d/autofs in order for smbfs to
mount properly.  as far as I can tell, autofs isn't currently written to
handle the smbfs but I could be really wrong here.

Cheers
Craig
Craig Armour			c.armour at arts.uq.edu.au
System Administrator    	 Joyce Ackroyd Building
Language Lab, University of Queensland   phone 33656916