[H-GEN] I love Microsoft

Harry Phillips hfphillips at iname.com
Fri Jul 16 17:40:59 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Harry Phillips <hfphillips at iname.com>)

I know most people in this list won't agree with me but I love Microsoft and the
software they put out.

Let me explain the reasons.
1. Their software is easier than linux for a beginner to use.
2. Their software is pretty crappy.
3. The ordinary users isn't interested in learning about their computer,
it's just a tool they use to get a job done.

I work in a job where I assist users when Windows/MS Office does something it
shouldn't and they don't know what to do.

I have two recurring nightmares. The first is Microsoft makes their software
stable. The second is they keep going they way they are, linux becomes
easier and easier to use and puts MS go out of business.

The results of both nightmares are they same. 1. Ordinary users get usability
AND stability on their PC. 2. My job becomes redundant..

So I say "Hip hip hooray Microsoft" keep NT so hard to administer that you have
to go on a course to figure out how to do it. Keep 95/98 and the next
generation so unstable that I get a heap of calls and I don't lose my job.

I love Microsoft, I won't use their products, but I hope ordinary users keep
using them. So if anyone knows how to get a message to Microsoft that they will
actually read or listen to please pass on my wishes for them to keep including
code in their latest products that was first written for DOS 2.

Regards,
Harry
 --
"My train of thought is a runaway"