[H-GEN] Farting Tunes.

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Wed Jan 6 23:31:37 EST 1999

Robert Kearey wrote:

> I need a new, big, monitor - 19 or 21 inch for preference. Does anybody
> have any good/bad experiences with monitors they'd like to share? Advice?

The sort of dollars you are looking at brings a whole new perspective to
monitors.

I would tend towards Sony tubes if possible as the cost penalty seems a
less a percentage on these monitors (purely psychological) and IMHO the
apparent image quality is hard to beat. Also, the day when your monitor
carks it seems a lot more traumatic when you are looking down the
barrel of, say, a $2000 or $3000 investment rather than $300 to $400 for
a 15 incher.

I have found the Gateway monitors to be good value, although I only use
the 17's.

What I DO like about Gateway is the service. One of my monitors carked
on me recently and I rang Gateway to see what could be done, thinking it
was out of warranty. They TOLD me that it was not and sent a
replacement. I rang 9-00 AM Tuesday and they had a replacement monitor
on my doorstep 9-00 AM Wednesday on the basis that I returned the dead
monitor. I was pretty impressed
--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au