[H-GEN] ppp script help!!

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Wed Feb 17 06:51:33 EST 1999

Felix C Kuo wrote:

> Hi..
>    I just start using linux redhat few months ago...
> and right now I'm having trouble logon to the internet
>
> I'm using UQ net right now... and I have also tried the script for linux
> thats on the prentice FAQ.. my problem right now is I can only dailup..
> but after it hookup after for about 30sec then I'm disconnected..
>
> I have also try using netcfg that redhat has provide.. but something
> happen again...  is there any other stuff that I need the setup before I
> use the ppp script??

It may not be a problem your end.

uq.net.au has been having problems with dropped connections.

I experienced a lot of dropped connections because of problems with uq's modems and the ability to obtain a stable connection.

I found that the following seemed to help :-

I would fire up Minicom and enter my init string. Then close minicom without resetting (ie. Ctrl-A, Z, Q, Yes)

Then run my dialup script.

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au
Home Page: http://www.uq.net.au/~zzfbrand

-
This is list (humbug) general handled by majordomo at humbug.org.au .  Postings
are accepted only from subscribed addresses of lists general or general-post.