[H-GEN] Arrrrghh!

Daehenoc g.vickers at student.qut.edu.au
Sun Feb 14 07:23:30 EST 1999

Hello everyone - I may have done a Bad Thing. (In capitals even.) On my
dual P5-200 I removed a logical partition from within an extended one (a
linux native one), and the NT4 Server ROM was in the CD drive. It
subsequently booted - boot from cdrom enabled - and I just went through a
few steps of the install process before coming around to my senses and
exiting. (I didn't make any changes to the drive in the setup program
tho!) then I did a reboot and now linux says:

MINIX-fs: unable to read superblock
...and doesn't start.

Now, I don't think that I did anything to the superblock - unless NT4
server setup maliciously searched out and destroyed it without my
knowledge (allegedly!) - can anybody tell me how to fix this? Please?

Greg Vickers

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win." - Ghandi.