[H-GEN] Ethernet troubles

Jason Henry Parker jasonp at uq.net.au
Tue Dec 21 15:03:51 EST 1999

Robert Brockway <robert at ralnet.net> writes:

> Hi all.  I recently acquired (for free) 2 Tektronix xp10 Xterminals.  I
> set them up on my home coax network (Its always worked ok up until now...)
>
> Anyway I gleefully set them up and got the Xserver downloading using tftp.
> I've done all this numerous times before and never had the problem
> below...

To put it kindly, tftp is slightly broken on Linux boxes.  I happen to
know those Xterms will boot via NFS if you ask them nicely enough;
that's how PI booted theirs after we found out how annoying it was to
get half a file (or even just half the files) while booting and we
haven't looked back.

jason
--
____
\ _/__ ``When the RNG hands you a lemon, #apply it and