[H-GEN] New Machine

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Mon Dec 6 01:26:22 EST 1999

On Mon, 06 Dec 1999, Mark Suter wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.          ]

> Folks,
>
> frank> And do you want to be one of the bleeding edge users?
>
> Why not buy a 733MHz Intel Pentium III from Dell?  Who cares
> if you have to ship it from the US?  All you care about is
> being on the bleeding edge :-)

Thats a point. But in this case bleeding edge becomes bleeding expensive. I
have not seen a price in Australia for the upper end Pentiums but they are
usually around $1500 give or take the odd $100... shizenzee, $100 thats about
all I pay for the CPU's in my system...performance at the edge is not cheap!!

BTW (esspecially Murray)...I see Altech at South Brisbane have Gigabyte Athlon
boards at $270

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au