[H-GEN] X-Windows monitor settings

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Tue Aug 31 01:01:59 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, theticus wrote:

> Can anyone suggest me of where and how to set for that particular card?
>
> Pity I sold my old S3 card. New PC doesn't always works<grin>

Yes and to make matters worse there is great difficulty in getting new PCI
cards. I am told by wholesalers that nobody is making PCI cards anymore.

Some of the new motherboards do not have ISA slots anymore and a lot of entry
level boards have built in sound/video/lan/modem etc. I saw an Acer board the
other day takes PPGA chips straight into the socket (no adapter card) but it
had on board AGP video but no AGP slot or ISA slot - now if you couldn't use
the on-board video where could you get a PCI card from?

As Joel says, you need the XBF file

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au