[H-GEN] X-Windows monitor settings

JOEL MICHAEL JOELM at honet.amh.com.au
Mon Aug 30 20:14:59 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

you'll need the XBF X server to get it going, as none of the X servers
that come with RedHat 5.2 will work with it.  Get it at:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/XBF
or if that is full (which it probably will be :^)
ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/redhat/XBF

remember, reading readme's is required - all the info is there that
you will need, including installing the .rpm you get, and configuring
your /etc/X11/XF86Config file

good luck :)

=========================
Joel Michael
=========================
Random proddings accepted
=========================

>>> theticus <theticus at bigfoot.com> 08/31 10:05 am >>>
[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

Hi Gurus,

I just bought a new PC and when I installed Linux 5.2, all went well
except X-windows because I can't select the video card. My new PC comes
with Intel i740 8 MB AGP Video card and I have no idea which
chipset/server to choose from. In the list of choosing video cards, I
can't find this Intel i740. Do I have to have a correct driver for it or
can I used compatible model?  But don't know which is compatible. I
tried XF86_SVGA but doesn't like it. I looked everywhere(i think) to get
a driver for Linux but failed.

Can anyone suggest me of where and how to set for that particular card?

Pity I sold my old S3 card. New PC doesn't always works<grin>

Thanks,
Thet