[H-GEN] ICQ through IPChains

Hilton Travis QuarkComputers at email.com
Sun Aug 22 04:23:27 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

Hi all,

I have set up ipchains on my Linux box and almost all is working fine.  I
notice that my ICQ connection keeps dropping off/on/off/on/... and it takes
me ages to send a message, and more often than not I'm getting "Not
connected to the ICQ network - send thru server" style messages.

Any ideas what needs to be changed?  I have changed the ICQ firewall
settings as indicated in the FAQ, howto or wherever I rebut this made no
difference.

Regards,
Hilton