[H-GEN] NIC strangenesses

Martin Pool martinp at mincom.com
Thu Aug 19 01:19:58 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

At 09:47 19/08/99 +1000, you wrote:

>I recently blew my RedHat 6.0 system away and installed Mandrake 6.0.  All
>went well, except for a few little things.  I performed a "server" install,
>just like I had previously with the RedHat distribution. For example the
>following:
>$ man if
>fopen: No such file or directory
>Cannot open man page /usr/man/man1/builtins2.1.bz2
>No manual entry for if

Try

  commercial-whore$ help if

instead.  (Yes, it's a bug but this is a workaround -- it asks bash directly.)

<hard problems deleted>

--
Martin
 /\\\  Mincom | Martin Pool          | martinp at mincom.com
// \\\        | Software Engineer    | Phone: +61 7 3303-3333
\\ ///        | Mincom Ltd.          |
 \///         | Teneriffe, Brisbane  | Speaking for myself only